Saturday, December 24, 2011

I still run for trains

It didn't take long for old habits to return.  First train I went for...I was running late (not my fault) and I although I ran, I missed it.  
Swiss trains 1.  Kylie 0.
Later that day I found myself running down the road for the train...and had to laugh.  It felt like Déjà vu.  Bag, scarf, coat flying behind me, running past the ticket machine, throwing some money in it's direction, only for my efforts to be in vain as the train pulled away just as I got to the platform.  
Swiss trains 2.  Kylie 0.


Have been fighting jet lag for the past 4 days, but starting to feel more human again today.  Once again, I am typing away on a strange European keyboard which I blame for this short post.  However, Mum (and others who were wondering) I am here...safe and sound.  Zürich was amazingly white and snowy and beautiful when I arrived, and now up in the mountains near Davos, there is plenty of snow and ensuring there will be a white Christmas.

And now I am cooking croissants, enjoying Swiss bread, and about to make a pavlova (just to keep Christmas a little bit Australian).  I think I've also said I will cook a turkey for Christmas dinner (what was I thinking...never cooked a turkey in my life).

It's so lovely to be seeing friends again and those Swiss Francs again.  (First day I arrived, there was a 1000 CHF ($1000) note on the bench...ah, yes.  Indeed I am in Switzerland).

Frohe Weihnachten!



3 comments:

  1. Sweetheart so glad you are happy and enjoying Christmas preparations in Switzerland. we will eat our pav too. think of you, and hey. cooking turkey must be like cooking a chicken! Love you so much xxxxx Mumma

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy! a blog post! haha.
    also, I am glad you are having awesome white christmastimes :D
    also, you can cook croissants?!?! you need to teach me, if you ever come home :) How was the turkey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!! Kylie's posting again! Double YEA!

    ReplyDelete